Friday, November 19, 2021

ONLINE CLASSROOM APPS

Hi, It has been a while since my last post. Since you have read my title, I guess you know what am I going to share.

Online classroom apps. I know some of you may be familiar with any online classroom apps since most of the students now have to study online distance learning due to pandemic. So, what type of online classroom apps did your educators use? 

Today, I'm going to review my best personal online classroom apps. First, I would like to review Google Classroom. I know all universities and schools provides the an email for their students. So, students can use their emails to access in google classroom.


Google Classroom is a free blended learning platform developed by Google for educational institutions that aims to simplify creating, distributing, and grading assignments. The primary purpose of Google Classroom is to streamline the process of sharing files between teachers and students. In google classroom, students just need a code to enter the class made by the teacher. Then, teachers can assign the practice in the google classroom and it is automatically shared to all students in the class. This apps is user friendly and it can be install in any device. This apps also connected to emails and students can actually received an email whenever teacher assigned the practice. Google classroom also providing a grading tools and teachers can insert the due for the practice. So, teachers can track the student progress. I love google classroom because it is very easy to use and very easy to understand as it has folders separated for every classes.

Next, Microsoft teams. 
Microsoft Teams is a proprietary business communication platform developed by Microsoft, as part of the Microsoft 365 family of products. Teams primarily competes with the similar service Slack, offering workspace chat and videoconferencing, file storage, and application integration. Teams is one of my best online classroom apps, because as a teacher, teacher can detect whenever students open the class. Teacher can track their timestamp every time the students study in Teams. So, if they find out their students didn't open Teams for a quite long, teachers can message and ask their students. This way, it helps teachers and students to keep track on each other and the student wont leave behind.

As students, it is easy for them to do meeting, assignment submissions, watch lectures video and notes, communicating and discussing with members. Everything is in one place so there wouldn't be any mixed up like we have to discuss in WhatsApp, meeting using google meet or else. We can access Teams with student's email and for attendance, if the students didn't attend the class, teams will remind the lecturer or teachers so, they can contact and ask their students. I would recommend to use this two, since both of it are user friendly.

For quizzes, I would like to review and suggest Kahoot.


Kahoot! is a game-based learning platform, used as educational technology in schools and other educational institutions. Its learning games, "kahoots", are user-generated multiple-choice quizzes that can be accessed via a web browser or the Kahoot app. I had so much fun when I used Kahoot. 

It is a game-based learning platform where you have a questions and need to answer within the time given. The one who answer it correctly and fast will be in the first rank. Studies reported that classes using Kahoot! especially those that used it often saw increased attendance, student participation, engagement, motivation, as well as interaction between students and teachers and students and peers. I can say that students seems more enjoy to use kahoot! because the students will do their best to get the first rank and the attendance will be full since it is a fun quiz to attend. 

For the disadvantage, as a student, I once use kahoot! for my quiz. Sometimes whenever I nervous, I accidently click the wrong answer and Kahoot! cannot recheck our answer because it is game that have time and rank. So, it will affect some of the student's marks if they accidently clicked the wrong answer. 

So I think that's all for today, this is my personals best apps that I can share with you. Thank you, see you on my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

REFLECTION ON EDU 456

Hi, this will be my last post. I will write some reflection on this course, EDU 456. In general, this course have increased my knowledge suc...