Hello, welcome back to my blog. Today I want to share about flipped classroom based on what I learned in my class.
Have you heard flipped classroom ?
What is it?
Flipped classroom is a type of "blended learning" which is students are introduced to content at home and practice working through it at school. Face to face interaction between teacher and students are mixed with independent study usually via technology.
What students do at home?
They will watch an online lecture, review the material, read the physical or digital text, participate in online discussion and perform a research.
This image show the different between traditional classroom and flipped classroom.
At school, the student will develop skill practice, discussion with peers, debate, presentations, lab experiments, assessment and review. This doubles student access to teachers once with videos at home and again in the classroom.
4 Pillars of Flipped Classroom
I think you already know what is flipped classroom. Let's move to my favorite form of the flipped classroom. My favorite flipped classroom is using YouTube. Why?
This is because I spend half of my day on YouTube, this shows that I already know all the features in YouTube. During class, my lectures also use YouTube for us to review the content and I can say that I understand well everything that explained in the YouTube video.
The benefits that I got in flipped classroom is I can develop my own learning skills. I love that whenever I don't understand, I can rewind the video how many times I want. Next, YouTube is free. That is the best thing that I look forward to. Furthermore, students who absent will not fall behind because they can view the YouTube links anytime they want. As a student I found that flipped classroom is more interesting than the traditional classroom. Even though, it benefit students, it also give advantage to educators such as they can re-used the content to other classes. Besides YouTube, we also have TEDTalks, podcast, Duolingo, Khan Academy, Udemy, etc.
That's all for today. Bye!
No comments:
Post a Comment