Hi!
As you read the title above, I'm going to share about Universal Design For Learning.
Universal Design for Learning (UDL) is an approach to teaching and learning that gives all students equal opportunity to succeed. The goal of UDL is to use a variety of teaching methods to remove any barriers to learning. It’s about building in flexibility that can be adjusted for every person’s strengths and needs. That’s why UDL benefits all learners.
Flexible learning is a philosophy of learning that allows for more choice and engagement in the learning process. It is strongly based in empathy. We can ensure that our students have greater access to learning through choice, flexibility, access to resources, and a deeper understanding where they are in the learning process. Formative assessment and feedback are very important elements in this framework. Flexible learning also includes technology, whether it be through online course work or digital options to access course content, to collaborate with peers, or to demonstrate learning.
To practice flexible environment in teaching, I will take an inclusive approach such as sit the students in a group and approach them group by group to explain things. Then, I will build in flexibility using UDL principles which is engagement, representation, action and expressions. Next, I will offer flexible options such as student can make their own choice to choose subject content, who they might access for help, who they might work or collaborate with. I will consider on how the solution can be offered to everyone as I will identify the student needs such as they are fast learner or slow learner or etc.
4 steps that I will use to make a flexible environment of a UDL classroom are:


No comments:
Post a Comment