Friday, November 5, 2021

GRADING TOOLS

 Hello. Welcome back to my blog!

How are you? I hope everything is fine. I'm currently outside brainstorming a little bit of idea for my blog. So, today I'm going to share about grading tools. Grade can serve as communication tool between students and instructors and allow instructor to track the progress of students. Grading tools has been helping user especially teachers to key in the students grades. There are many grading tools can be used such as spreadsheet in Excel, grading in google classroom or free grading tools online such as quickgra.de. 






My personal best to grade students is spreadsheet in Excel. In spreadsheet excel, I can use their automatic calculator, graph and many features. In this YouTube link, I learn a lot on how to use spreadsheet, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joqeIKvah70&t=650s.

Here is one my example that I did on my own using spreadsheet in excel.


This is because Excel allows you to let others view the amount of data by letting you to send it or print it to be viewed. Excel also can be password protected for extra security by creating password through the excel file. Excel has provided more features such as formulas, chart, graph and other which is useful for grading purpose. It contains thousands of row and column which is unlimited data can be insert. Excel makes calculation much easier than working things out yourself with a calculator.

The disadvantages of Microsoft Excel is viruses can be attached to and Excel file through macros which a mini programs that are written into an Excel Spreadsheets. While it is easy to create the formulas, the reference cells, copy and paste the data and link the worksheets & spreadsheets together as the work gets more complex, the spreadsheets become more difficult to change and manage. Microsoft Excel does not offer a good variety of graph capabilities, The customization of the standard formats and the combination of different data sets and different types of graph is awkward & not intuitive, For a powerful worksheet, this is a big disadvantage. Other than that, Microsoft Excel is still useful for grading purpose which has been my best grading tools.

That's all from me. Thank you, bye !

No comments:

Post a Comment

REFLECTION ON EDU 456

Hi, this will be my last post. I will write some reflection on this course, EDU 456. In general, this course have increased my knowledge suc...